ASPARAGUS AND LEMON TART RECIPE
The best part about this asparagus recipe is that it is just four ingredients.
The mix of creamy, quick and easy makes it a great recipe when you don’t have any time and you need to impress.
The plant-based soft cheese melts so deliciously it tastes like actual cheese.
Although it’d taste great in winter too, this certainly is the ideal summer recipe
I know you’re busy so you can find the recipe at the top. If you want more info scroll down to find,
- How you can customise this recipe.
- The nutritional info.
- How to cook asparagus.
- Tips to make the recipe.
- Pin this recipe so you can always find it when you need it.
Asparagus and Lemon Tart Recipe
- 300 g Puff Pastry I use Jus-roll ready-rolled pastry
- 170 g soft cheese I use the Tesco vegan garlic and herb soft cheese
- 125 g asparagus
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Zest of ½ lemon
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas 6.
- Roll out the puff pastry and fold each edge over 1 or 2 cm.
- Spread the soft cheese over the pastry. Make sure to stay within the crust you've just folded.
- Lay the asparagus over the soft cheese layer. It doesnt need to be too neat but dont overlap them.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the pastry crust is golden and crispy.
- Before serving add the juice and zest of ½ a lemon across the top of the tart.
HOW YOU CAN CUSTOMISE THIS ASPARAGUS RECIPE
The best part of a vegetable tart is that it can be customised with any vegetables or base.
It wouldn’t be much of an asparagus tart but you could switch the asparagus out for mushrooms, peppers or courgette.
Really any kind of Mediterranean veg would work well.
For a different twist on this recipe check out our Butternut Squash and Red Onion Tart recipe.
WHAT IS THE NUTRITIONAL INFO?
HOW TO COOK ASPARAGUS
My favourite was to cook asparagus are;
- Cooking in the oven or dry fry in a pan with some pepper and lemon juice
- Pop them on the BBQ for a nice flavour and crunch.
To prepare the asparagus just cut about 1cm off the bottom of the stalk and rinsed them under the tap.
TIPS TO MAKE THE RECIPE
When you roll out the pastry use the longest piece of asparagus as a guide as to how far you can fold the edges over to make the crust.
I use the ready-rolled puff pastry because I have no time to make my own. If you would like to try this with homemade pasrty here is a recipe for you.
Spread the soft cheese out evenly. I didn’t and it kind of pooled in some areas and wasn’t as thick in others.
Get an unwaxed lemon, nothing changes the outcome of a dish quicker than wax instead of zest.