This is one of those recipes that makes my husband do a happy food dance every time he has it! The sticky and sweet sauce has a nice hit of orange from the marmalade making it perfect for the summer but comforting enough for the winter too.
There are a few parts of this recipe that can be adapted to suit you;
- We don’t often use potatoes in our meal plans so I use tinned peeled new potatoes instead of fresh, they last longer in the cupboard and as a bonus point – they’re the perfect size when halved.
- To save some prep time you could use pre-prepared veg or even a bag of casserole mix. It doesn’t matter so much what veg you use, just adjust the cooking time depending what you go for.
- I used Naked Glory vegan sausages (hands down best vegan sausages if you’re looking for some meat replacement options), but this would also work well with meat sausages or even some chicken thighs – you’d just need to amend the cooking time slightly.
The sticky and sweet marinade is the best part of this dish and can be found integrated into the recipe below or in the Dressings, Rubs, Marinades and Sauces section of the blog.
If you decide to give this recipe a go drop me a comment or tag on Instagram @the_family_feed to show me how you enjoyed it.
Sticky Sausage Bake
- 8 sausages
- 6 sweet potatoes diced
- 2 tins new potatoes halved
- 8 carrots diced
- 3 red onion sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp orange marmalade
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 200C / 180C Fan / Gas 6
- Combine all of the marinade ingredients until well mixed.
- Prepare the carrots, sweet potatoes and red onion
- In a roasting tin add the carrots, sweet potatoes and potatoes. Drizzle with the oil and mix
- Cook these for 20 minutes before adding the sausages and onion.
- Cook for another 20 minutes before spooning over the marinade, mixing this in and cooking for the final 5 minutes.